Chinese food is so good, healthy and uick to make and this one is really fanatstic. The sate sauce makes all the difference so if you don’t have any just mix a 1 tablespoon peanut butter with 1 tablespoon water to thin it out a bit. For thoe who like a little heat you can happily add 1 finely chopped green chili. (4 people)
What you need
- 500 – 600g rump steak, fat removed, sliced thin across the grain
- 100g unslated roast cashew nuts (if you have raw cashews just pot them on a baking tray in a 200Celsius oven until they begin to brown.)
- 6 or 8 spring onions roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoons finely grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon maizena(cornflour)
- 125ml water
- 2 tablespoons satay sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Oil for frying
- In a wok or heavy based pan on a high heat, add the oil and sear the beef strips in 2 or 3 batches, remove and set aside.
- Add a little more oil to the pan and add the garlic, spring onions, ginger and cashew nuts. Toss around for about 2 minutes then add back the meat and all of the juices and toss again.
- Mix together the 1/2 cup water, satay sauce, soy sauce and maizena, mix and then add to the pan.
- bring to the boil and stir well to ensure that all of the ingredients are well coated and suace begins to thicken.
- Thats it, done.
- Serve with boiled rice or this fried rice recipe.