Man these are so easy and so delicious you will not be able to wait for them to cool. The great thing about these is that they take just 10 minutes in the oven so if you are having people over just pop them in the oven a few minutes before they arrive and you will treat them to warm fresh cheese muffins. (makes 12)
I also like these with plenty of butter and a something sweet so you will usually find them smothered in marmalade or a jam of some description if they are on my plate. Give these a try, the family will love you no matter what…
What you need
- 120g sifted flour (1 cup sifted flour)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 150g grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder (don’t leave this out)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 185ml milk
- Heat your oven to 200 Celsius and butter a muffin tin.
- Sift the flour, salt, baking powder and mustard powder together into a bowl and then add the cheese and give it a quick turn with a spoon.
- Whisk the egg lightly with a fork to break it up and add to the milk, then add it to the flour mixture and give it a good mix to distribute the cheese evenly and make a consistent batter.
- Spoon into the muffin tin and bake for 10 minutes.
TIPS: It really doesn’t get much simpler than that folks and they are very delicious. They will also keep in the fridge for a few days ready for work or school. Try the banana bread as well if you are in baking mode.