A hot and spicy Chinese classic that you will not be able to keep your chopsticks out of.
What you need
- 500 skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 1 tablespoon maizena
- 2 spring onions chopped
- 2 Tablespoons chili-garlic paste
- 4 dry red chilies halved
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons chinese rice wine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- palm of roasted unsalted peanuts
- Dust the chicken pieces with maizena and toss the pieces around until the are all coated.
- Heat a wok/frying pan with oil and stir fry the chicken pieces for about 5 minutes, they should be almost cooked through.
- Add the onions, chilies and ginger and toss a few times to combine and remove from the pan.
- Add the rice wine, soy sauce, sugar and garlic chili paste to the wok and stir well to form a uniform sauce.
- Add the chicken back to the pan then the peanuts and stir to coat all of the pieces with the sauce for about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve immediately with steamed/boiled rice.